This may turn out a nightmare sometimes because we lack awareness on what the Yeast infection in babies is all about, how does it happen, the causes, how to identify them, the symptoms and what can be the cure, the treatment.
We have this informative article where we will be discussing what it is. What is the reason and what are the symptoms and how it can be treated.
Let’s start with understanding what it is?
It is like the baby rash and it happens if the child’s vaginal area is not kept clean and dry. And the main reason is the fungus Candida.
What could be the causes of it?
There are many reasons due to which the Yeast infection in babies can happen.
- Firstly, if the mother has yeast infection during the delivery, high chances that it happens.
- It can also happen if the mother fails to keep the vaginal area clean and dry for the kid.
- Unchanged diaper gives Candida (the fungus) best opportunity.
- It is also caused by inappropriate bathing of the child.
- Use of harsh soaps is very well known reason for it.
- Another shocking reason can be Sexual abuse.
- If the mother has it, there is high chance she passes it on while Breast feeding.
- Also use of antibiotics for the child or the mother who is using antibiotic and feeds the kid.
The symptom of it is any kind of white spots in the mouth or any rash that does not clear may be Yeast infection in babies. Now any rash on the bottom does not mean that it is the same issue however, if the rash does not disappear on any treatment or gets worse, this could be a symptom.
What Treatment can be used for Yeast infection in babies? Consulting a doctor, would be easy to identify the problem. Just for tests he might take a scrapping of the skin and send it to lab and be assured this is not painful and won’t hurt the baby! Anti-Fungal medication can be used as prescribed.
Secondly, you have a home remedy to try too. There are many options available. You can use
- Tea tree oil (very diluted like 1drop of oil for 2 liters of water).
- Colloidal Silver.
- Cinnamon Oil.
- Cider Vinegar
- Aloe gel
- Use of cool damp chamomile tea bag in the effected area.
So, here we have helpful information for all the mothers who want to make sure their kids are all happy and free from Yeast infection in babies. Make sure their diapers are changed regularly and it makes the best preventive measure. Take care, feel Special!!